The moment when a potential buyer steps over your threshold is the most important stage of the whole process of selling a house. It’s your chance to show them exactly why they should be buying your house – and why it’s worth the asking price.
Here are our top 10 tips for a successful viewing.
1. Be positive – about everything!
2. Never apologise for your house.
3. Tidy and vacuum before your viewers arrive.
4. Declutter everywhere, especially kitchen surfaces.
5. If you have pets, remove them from the house during the viewing. A barking dog is not a good way of greeting a viewer!
6. Give advice about the local area, neighbours, nearest shops and schools. Remember to be positive.
7. If your property is in the catchment area of a good school, have some information to hand about its results and good reputation.
8. Be positive – but be honest. You cannot knowingly withhold information about your property, and sellers are just as liable as estate agents under the Property Mis-descriptions Act – now the OFT CPR.
9. If you know good tradesmen, let your viewers know. It’s reassuring for people to have professionals to turn to when they move to a new area.
10. Be friendly but don’t feel the need to talk too much – no-one likes a hard sell!
For more advice about selling a house in Kidderminster or Worcestershire, give me a call on 01562 745082, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nockdeighton.co.uk